If you need to log on, don't forget your USERNAME and PASSWORD that we have talked about in class. I can't post it online, but you all know. :)
National Geographic Kids
Gale Power Search
Ancient History Encyclopedia
Boston Museum of Fine Arts
The Giza Archives
Children's University of Manchester
History for Kids
Gods and Goddesses
Arab News - Oils
Ancient Egyptian Materials - Chapter 8 might be of use.
The big Ancient Egypt project is here! There will be five larger pieces, each due a week apart. Students went over the outline of the five-week project today in class and asked a number of excellent questions.
This project is going to represent a large portion of your child's Term 2 Social Studies report card mark. They will have a full five weeks to work on the overall project, breaking down to one week given for each individual topic.
- I will hand out the expanded criteria sheets for each topic once I have received their completed and signed project outline, due 8:30am, Thursday, January 7.
- If a student picks enough large topics (40-50 points each) for a few of the stations, they are still responsible for completing a topic for the remaining stations. If their overall total for the topics they choose exceed 150 points, they will be marked on the new total - they will not receive 'extra credit' because they chose more complex topics.
- Due dates are firm. If you are going to be away, please let me know and make arrangements to bring in your completed topic of the week before it has gone past the due date.
- Students are expected to hand in their very best work - incomplete assignments will not be accepted.
- Students are expected to use their class time appropriately and will also be expected to work on their project at home.
- Where you go, your project goes. I will not allow phone calls home if someone forgets to bring their project to school that day. I am giving time in class as well as Library research blocks for students to work on their projects at school. If you are at home, the project is at home. If you are at school, your project is at school.
- Students must use at least one of our library's Ancient Egypt reference books as a source for each topic.